Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Decisions, Decisions: The Temptation of Options

My profession is very much like one of those choose your own adventure books. I am often faced with decisions that can only be made by me. And I hate that. Despite my yearning, wishing, pleading for a sign from the universe on what to do; nine times out of ten it comes down to me making the final call on my own life. A blessing and a curse in it's own right. I am lucky to be able to do with my life what I please, but sometimes it would just be easier if someone else would do it for me.

I made a decision this afternoon that I had been queazy about for two days. I made the call, accepted the offer and instantly regretted what I had done. Now I am stuck with the remorse and realization that I may have chosen the wrong path this time. My only choice at this point is to make the best of it.

I hope I did not make a mistake. But when life gives you lemons (or a job offer through August for a major cable network) you take them and make something great, right? Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment