Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Ex Files

For the past week thoughts of my Ex have been dancing in my head like sugar plum fairies gone wild. I have no idea why I am thinking of him; I haven't given that man a thought in the last several months but something has me thinking of him and the thing that is most frustrating about it is I'm not thinking anything in particular about him...he's just "there" in my head.

Ironic as it may be, days after him in my head I got a Facebook message from his oldest sister thanking me once again for making her engagement video. Weird right? I haven't thought of or heard from this family in literally years and then suddenly when I think of him, I get this Facebook message. I wish I could get another message, like say, why I am thinking of him so much these days.

To be honest the thoughts give me a feeling of sad nostalgia and I get a pit in my stomach from all the raw emotion that was invested into that relationship. No matter what emotion it was at any given time, it was always  fueled by an intense passion of some sort---and I don't think I'll ever get that from another relationship. I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing....or if its worth thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment