Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Playing the Bitch Card

Today is one of those rare days where I'm sick enough (and drugged up enough) to honestly not give a shit about telling people off. I'd say its been a successful day though I don't feel very good about myself for doing it. But you know what? Someone's got to play The Bitch Card and I guess today is my day.

Move 1: One of our office interns made a mistake over the weekend and instead of my usual mothering-touch to the matter I was very frank in an email sent to multiple people (including my intern victim) saying it was a mistake and it was NOT ok. I got a bit reprimanded for it from a superior (the one who loves putting me down anyway...) but I got defensive and stuck to my guns. Everyone in my office is a pushover. Someone has to crack the whip and if no one else will do it then I gladly will. I did apologize for sending the tasteless notice in a group email (which included info for others...it wasn't just a piece of hate email) but at the same time I was honest in the fact that when something does not get done, I am firm about it. It's an industry lesson she had to learn. And though she thinks I hate her (A. SOOOO childish B. I do not hate her) this lesson will hopefully put her in her place and help her see this is not a beach club, it's work--so get it done!

Move 2: Boyfriend works for the airlines and as such, gets a few* (A FEW!!!) discounted airline passes each year to disperse as he likes. I am baffled and appalled at how many of our distant friends have come out of the woodwork for one of these handouts. Honestly 95% of the people who have asked boyfriend for a pass aren't even considered "friends". They don't put any work into the friendship, they blow us off constantly or just don't hang with us period YET they still have the gumption to ask for a freebie. Finally fed up with these users I posted a status on Facebook that hopefully most of our mutual friends will see and comprehend. Yes, it was super bitchy but boyfriend doesn't have the heart to say "No" to these people so I did it for him. (Score!)

Move 3: Speaking of Boyfriend...we've developed the routine (for which he claims he likes) of him driving me to work at 8 a.m. Monday through Friday. Today I was especially counting on the ride as I am on day three of feeling like crap as well as having a 30-lb camera to lug into work. Of course today was the day he chose to be lazy and reject my request for a ride. That being said, I was lucky to find a parking spot near campus but was still pissed I had to drag an awkward camera case up to work. I sent him a nasty text about it and am pretty sure he ignored it. Awesome.

Who knows what other moves I'll make today but I suggest you stay out of my way. My Bitch Card is played fast and furious.

No comments:

Post a Comment