Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Apartment Finder

I am officially homeless come August 1st and it's because I missed my window of opportunity by 26-hours.  Zoinks!!

It all started in March when my apartment landlord asked if I would be renewing my lease which is set to expire at the end of July. At that moment in time I was set on getting out of this town so I checked the "No" box in the renewal form. Flash forward 3-months and here I have finally come to the satisfied conclusion that I will stay and it's too late.

When I inquired about indeed renewing my lease my landlord said "No" because she had rented out my apartment at 2p the day before. I kindly asked if these new renters could be moved to another available unit thus allowing me to stay in my unit and again the answer was "No". Personally I think that its silly a business is willing to swap one (loyal 4 year) resident for another renter when they could have BOTH renters and twice the money. All they'd need to do is move these new renters into the Q Unit, not me like I was offered. Technically I could stay in the same complex but if I have to move I might as well make good on the U-Haul rental and find a better complex to move to whether it be across the street or across the town....but I'm certainly not renting a U-Haul to move across the parking lot. Sheesh.


No comments:

Post a Comment