Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Seriously contemplating working the street corners...


After spending weeks, days, hours searching for my next career I am now seriously contemplating adding "Pimp" to my potential employers search. I have gone from producer, to production assistant to intern to personal assistant job postings with NO luck and am now just about ready to stoop to the level of finding myself a pimp. Sure he gets a cut of the profits but isn't that just like taxes that would get taken from an ordinary paycheck?


Other requirements/benefits of this job potentially include: working late hours but getting to sleep in, wearing faux fur AND pleather in the same outfit and not getting judged for it, riding around in fancy Cadillac's...really this job isn't sounding so bad. If you can set aside the dirtiness of it all I would say this could be not only a job, but a career! JOKING.


I am starting to get very frustrated with this whole, "not finding a job", thing. Here comes my vanity in 3...2...1...I have never interviewed for a job and not gotten it. OK scratch that- there was the camp counselor job I didn't get offered but aside from that- I have had fairly good luck landing the job. I do not think it is because I am unqualified, or do not have enough experience for my field because as a recent graduate I have more experience than any other recent graduates I know. It must be all those people ahead of me in life who have also found themselves looking for a job...I do feel bad for everyone who is struggling but dag nabbit- I want a job too! So I have to be a little selfish here I guess.


I do not know what the deal is...is my resume unorganized? Are my cover letters cheesy? I just do not understand...and I am starting to lose my patience and am about ready to give up and get some demanding sales job that I will hate after two months. No-No...wait- I will NOT give up. I will just complain a lot to myself and let my frustration simmer and spew in the form of a blog. And then I will pray- and hopefully someone will take a serious look at my qualifications and give me a chance before I turn to the street corners in search of a pimp.


Or before I go to my emergency backup option: Marry rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment