Monday, December 27, 2010

A Good Year

We're less than one week away from the new year and I have to admit I'm getting a little sentimental about 2010. I'm not sure why but I'm always sad to let another year slip away. The New Years celebration is a time of new beginnings; a time where we wipe away our past mistakes (including one night stands) and start anew with a clean slate. It's a time of honestly believing you WILL go to the gym 5 days a week and yet here I am stuffing my face with Christmas candies and wishing for just a few more days of 2010.

I might have some separation issues but apart from all the sludge and drudge of 2010, it was actually a very good year. I graduated; landed myself a real job (vacation days and all!); went to Mexico, Disneyland and Arizona; was selected to pose for Playboy Magazine (though I declined), and even started an IRA. This was a great year and I'm hopeful but afraid of what the new year brings.

As we strap on our party hats and platform heels to welcome 2011 let us not forget how good we had it this year. I plan to pay proper homage to the year 2010 remembering that though at times it felt like the worst year ever, it was filled with some pleasant and unexpected surprises.

Here's to 2010 and viewing our champagne glasses half-full...Now where's that bartender? I need a refill!

No comments:

Post a Comment