Tuesday, December 21, 2010

This One's For The Gays

I think it's disgusting that Gays have to fight for marriage rights. And it further irritates me when Bible Thumping Idiots throw religion into the mix. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Christian gal. I don't often attend Church and I'm not drenched in religious perfection, but I have my beliefs and I believe the people who criticize and harass the Gay population with religion need only look in the mirror to see they are no better than the ones they look down upon.

I'm well aware the Bible says homosexuality is wrong. I'm also well aware the Bible says lying, cheating, stealing, adultery and a whole slew of actions is frowned upon; yet we do them everyday without a second thought about it. Why then do we pick at these harmless people who "sin" on a daily basis just like everybody else? Does it make us feel better about our sins? Are we confused and think their "sin" is a bigger, badder, sin than the ones we commit? A sin is a sin, no matter how big or small.

I honestly don't understand what is so horribly wrong about gay marriage. The institution of gay marriage won't even directly impact anyone except for the gays. So why do we care? Why are we so set on halting their happiness? When all is said and done it's up to God to judge our life, sins and all. I suggest we stop worrying about fixing everyone else's life choices and start worrying about our own sin-filled archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment