Monday, December 20, 2010

Lessons Learned

I've officially been graduated from University for one year and a handful of days and what have I learned in that time?

1. I really miss free vacation days.
Spring Break. Thanksgiving Break. Christmas Break. Summer Break. Those were the days I didn't have to use my annual leave or sick days to have some fun. It was just sitting there like a golden brick in my calendar. FREE TIME! I wish I had cashed in on those breaks with my friends and planned more trips than we actually did, but we were poor college students....now we're just poor.

2. I became an Ol' Lady much faster than I had ever anticipated.
If it's past 9 P.M. you can bet money that I'm already in bed. Worse yet by 5 P.M. I'm in my sweatpants and there's a very slim chance I'm getting dolled up to go anywhere if I'm in sweatpants mode. Gone are the days of prefunks and overpowering eyeliner...I hope they are just a temporary absence because I do look good in a short dress and a push-up bra with cocktail in hand.

3. There's nothing for me to put off anymore.
I don’t know you if you’re aware but you’re reading the works of the World’s Best Procrastinator. If an assignment was due Monday morning, I’d be writing it Monday morning (and would even get a decent grade on the final piece). My addiction to procrastinating got so bad, that at times I would have to wait until the last hours possible to get an assignment done. It became a challenge and a thrill to see how close to the due date, due hour, due minute I could take it. I yearn for tasks outside my mundane and obsessive cleaning habits, hence, this blog. Now if only I had a person of power on this thing to push a deadline….is there an app for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment