Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Shopaholic Anonymous

It dawned on me this morning that I am expecting about eight packages in the mail from various online retailers. Crap. I may have just found myself in the midst of an online shopping addiction. I've become a shopping monster!

Now not to say that I wasn't a shopaholic before this online spree, but it generally takes a lot for me to click "purchase" on my Internet window. There's something about actually going out to the store and touching the product and trying it on if need-be that made me fall in love with shopping in the first place. The whole physicality of shopping is lost when you're surfing the web. All we have to rely on is a photoshopped image and buyer reviews, neither I trust 100%.

So what's my deal? Have Internet reviews suddenly become much more convincing? Have the photoshopped images put me in a purchasing trance? Or am I just trying to cure my insatiable appetite for fashionable "stuff" with some online shopping madness?

Only time and my Visa bill will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment