Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pity Party For One

I'm officially unhappy here. Its time to move.

Cons: Have very few friends. Dislike my job. So Tired of Snow!

Con #1: The few friends I have left in this tiny town I see only on weekends because there's no one else to hang with and there's nothing better to do. Is that what friends become when you have a 9-5 job? Weekend Fillers? I feel awful saying that but we're all so busy during the week the only time we have is but a short break between one hectic week and the next. Make new friends you say? I just don't fit in with these people anymore. I've tried to continue my Friday night ritual of getting crazy at the hottest bar in town, but nowadays I just get annoyed at the lame and rude people that are out and about. There's no where for me to hang out, nothing for me to do, no one who's on the same page in life and I'm starting to get really depressed about that.

Con #2: I used to dislike my job only every once in awhile, but now it's every day. Everyday I hate my job a little more. I'm supposed to be making TV, but that's not what we do here. Not anymore. At the office I'm the secretary, taking care of everyone else's work while they get the credit for it. I'm not doing what I love. I'm wasting my life (not to mention my vision) spending hours and hours of staring at computer screens and writing grant proposals I don't believe in. This is not what I want to do with my life.

Con #3: I grew up in a household that thinks its cold if its below 70-degrees, it's going to be -5 tonight, clearly this is not the place for me. I'm put up with serious winter storms for 3+ years now and its time to get rid of the snow tires and move some place I can be somewhat tan for most of the year. Vegas was a top destination in my "Must Move There List" this time last year, but now I'm setting my sights a little further south. Austin, Texas to be precise. Pros of Austin are infinite compared to living here for another few years.

Screw health insurance and paid holidays, I'm pretty sure they have those in Austin anyway! All I need is a new job, a new house and a cute cowgirl hat and I'll be on my way. Now what do I do with all my winter jackets??

No comments:

Post a Comment