Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Relation-shifts

Relationships are considered by some a job. Others might say that if a relationship is considered a job, you should get out of it immediately. If either is the case, I have a part-time job with my relationship and there's no foreseeable way to get out of it.

Boyfriend and I have almost exact opposite schedules these days. I work from 8a-5p with a class until 7p, and he works from 6p-12a arriving home when I am well into my R.E.M. sleep cycle. A girl needs her beauty rest! The main point here is I'm lucky if I see the guy for more than a 2-hour span. But wait, am I lucky? Is short-sequenced dating the wave of the future? True the lack of time together means we don't bicker as much, but we weren't the type to argue in the first place. And I do find myself perfectly happy to have some alone time to get household chores and projects done but now I've become far too  accustomed to my alone time that I feel impeded when he's around. Being around boyfriend 100% of the time can get annoying and frustrating, but being around boyfriend only 10% of the time is starting to have the same effects.

There's a fine line between too much and too little time together and I'm struggling to find the balance. Has our relation-shift caused a shift in our relationship?

No comments:

Post a Comment