Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bicycle, Bicycle, I WANT TO RIDE MY BICYCLE!

Christmas came early (but techincally late) for me today. Several weeks ago I ordered a stationary bicycle from Walmart as an attempt to combine my two great loves of Watching reality TV and Excercising. Plus I could avoid the $19 shipping fee.

One lesson I have learned already from this great experiment of mine is to NEVER select Walmart's Free Site-To-Store shipping method ever again. Delay me once, shame on you; Delay me twice, fuck you! This is my new shipping and handeling motto. The first time I selected the free shipping option was back in January when I upgraded from a cubicle to a real live office. Walmart had just what I thought I needed so I ordered....only to have the shipping of a $20 table delayed by 3-weeks. Ugh. I ended up finding something better (and 100% free) to use in my office so I returned the order once it arrived and was reimbursed $20 a few days later. In the end it was a blessing, a huge inconvenience, but a blessing none the less to save a few bucks. 

Being a believer in second chances I decided to test their free shipping method once more, this time on a stationary bicycle. I wanted to get in quick shape for my Vegas trip and I could think of no better at-home cardio workout than bicycling. I ordered the bike in the first week of March expecting to recieve it in time for at least 2-weeks of sweat before I strut my stuff on the Strip. Wow, was I wrong.

The first delay was the fact it took Walmart.com over one week to even process my order. That's one week of workouts missed. *Sigh* When it finally shipped the only tracking information I ever recieved throughout the whole process was that my bike was on a truck somewhere between Hurricane, UT and where I live. Upon a Google Maps search I found the drive from UT to my neighborhood Walmart was around 15-hours with not many possible stops in between. My delievery truck must have gotten seriously lost because it took that truck six days to arrive. Finally the bike arrives but I've only got 9 days (minus a weekend out-of-town) to get my buns (and thighs!) in shape. Time to put the pedal to the metal!...er...carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment