Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Diet Riot

“Love is a game in which one always cheats.” Honore de Balzac

GUILTY. Ok, so I bet you're expecting some horrid story of infidelity which I will tell you right now won't be happening. Though I did cheat, it's not what you think. And though I know you're thinking, "Yah, that's what they all say...", this truly is a case of "it's not what you think."

In lieu of our fast-approaching vacation to Las Vegas, boyfriend and I are attempting to get our buns in shape! (Literally!) One such tactic was to spend an entire week, this week, eating ONLY fruits and veggies. I type this as I've just finished eating a peanut-butter-rice-crispy-treat-snack. Crap.

I think I've done really well for the majority of this diet but I'll admit, I'm a cheater. Though I've stuck to fruits and veggies for most of each day; come dinner time or that 2pm sugar depletion, I'm in need of some real food and apple slices just aren't cutting it. So I cheat. And I've been doing it all week.

I do feel bad, not because I'm eating (we need food!), but because I'm cheating on a pact boyfriend and I made together. Boyfriend is doing AWESOME on this plan and I'm not 100% into it. Though I had good intentions, I can't stick to this plan, I need food and I shouldn't have to feel bad about that, should I?

Boyfriend is bummed I'm letting hunger get the best of me but to prove that I'm dedicated to being a hot lady in Vegas, I'm going to purchase a stationary bike so I can work out at home while simultaneously watching my favorite reality shows. Multitasking as it was meant to be! I'm going to purchase the bike right after my lunch break which will consist of a banana, an apple, sweet peas...and a mini snickers bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment