Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Home is Where?

I spent last weekend in Austin, TX visiting some family and seeing if the location was a contender in the race to find myself a new home. It wasn't. Maybe my expectations were too high or maybe I couldn't mentally transcribe what my expectations were. Whatever the case, I honestly couldn't picture myself living there.

Though I had a great time in Austin, the trip brought on some unexpected blues (and I'm not talking about the music genre). I thought all I needed to be happy was a bigger city where I had people my age to call friends. What I realized in Austin was not only do I need people I can identify with, but now I need a city I can identify with. And sadly, Austin wasn't it. Don't get me wrong, Austin is a fantastic city. There's SOOO much to do (especially compared to where I'm living now) but it's still too small for my great ambitions. I feel like Goldie Locks trying desperately to find where I fit in best but everything right now seems too small or too out of reach....where's my "just right"?

It's difficult knowing I don't quite fit in where I am right now; but it adds a whole new level of difficulty (and depression) when I don't even know where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment