Thursday, April 14, 2011

OK, now it's officially official. I am the last one of my high school girlfriends to not be engaged and to not have a child. Yes, thats right folks, all three of my closest high school gal pals have children and are engaged/married. To be honest, I am really disappointed in how quickly these ladies settled for a regular life.

This marriage and children thing adds another level of distance to our friendship. Though we live far away, our lifestyle choices make it feel like we live on polar ends of the world and I'm not sure we have much in common anymore. They are struggling to pay the rent and I'm jetting off to here, there and everywhere on a whim. I feel guilty telling them about all the fun adventures I'm having when they are living in their parents garages.

I feel blessed that I don't have their lifestyle.
I feel ashamed admitting that I feel blessed to not have their lifestyle.
Why am I the one feeling guilty for having my life in order?

No comments:

Post a Comment