Saturday, April 16, 2011

Note(s) to Self

At some point I hope to turn each of these self realizations into individual posts, but for now, I just need to write these "notes to self", decompress, and move forward.

Number 1. I spent the first 22 years of my life bending over backwards to make everyone happy without much success.

Number 2. One year into "not caring what everyone thinks about me" including realizing I can't make everyone happy hasn't gone too well. I don't think I'm very well liked by people these days.

Number 3. It really hurts my feelings when I spend most of today hearing coworkers talk about going out to dinner or having a party at their house tonight and I don't get an invite to either. I'm 5' 10"...there's no way I'm invisible.

Number 4. The older I get, the lonelier I feel.

Number 5. ...Or is it, the older I get, the more I realize I'm lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment