Monday, January 31, 2011

Craigslist Craze

Call me crazy but I always thought when people posted items in the "For Sale" section of Craigslist.com they had the intention to sell those items. Apparently not.

It's been a few days since I moved into my very own office abode and I'm DIEING to decorate. Plain white walls never made me a particularly productive individual so I spent Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday cruising around this teeny tiny town in search of the perfect decor to match my perfect office vision. I went to every thrift store, furniture store, department store, everywhere I could think of with zero luck. The closest I came to my dream office chair was a $200 white wing-back at Ross. Over my budget by about $180...schucks.

Just as I was giving up on my dream of a shabby-chic (and cheap) office I stumbled upon a Craigslist post for an accent chair. I dared to take a peek only to discover it was the chair I'd been searching for!! My office life was complete the moment the picture loaded onto the page. Unfortunately there was no phone number to call so I sent an inquiry email like it was my last day on earth expressing my interest in taking a look at the chair. I could have said I wanted it like nothing I've ever wanted before, but I decided to play hard to get.  So far I'm no good at that game.

I've checked my inbox about 300 times since I sent that email with no response. I even sent another email just-in-case the original had wound up in the junk mail inbox. Still no reply, no phone call, no nothing. But the Craigslist post remains. Haunting and Taunting me. I feel like I've been dumped before I even got a chance for a first date....is it normal to feel this attached to a chair I never even met?

No comments:

Post a Comment